Cutting-Edge Perfect Binding Services
Today’s graphic design professionals are continuously developing new and innovative project designs that are both ultra-modern and highly functional. For many of these projects, perfect binding has become a preferred alternative to standard mechanical binding methods.
Mid Island is committed to remaining at the forefront of our clients’ needs, and, as a result, we have acquired some of the most advanced perfect binding machinery in the marketplace. Our equipment includes a high-speed 15,000 book per-hour binder with the capacity to manage large runs, as well as a highly sophisticated binder just installed in 2014, which can handle the intricacies of a wide range of custom projects. Collectively, this equipment has a perfect binding production output of 300,000 books per day, and it gives Mid Island the versatility to handle projects that many of our competitors cannot.
Our unique capabilities include:
- PUR binding on both machines
- Sophisticated camera recognition systems capable of reading graphics and intelligent barcodes
- Notch binding
- Lay-flat binding
- Minimum spine thickness of 1/16 of an inch
- Maximum spine thickness of 3 inches
- Minimum trim size 2 ¾ x 3 ½ inches
- Maximum trim size 12 5/8 x 17 ½ inches
- Oblong books trimmed to a true 12 5/8-inch face size
- Gate-fold covers
- Ink-jetting in-line