Efficient Mailing and Fulfillment Capabilities
Mid Island is committed to helping our customers manage every aspect of project completion, and in 2004, we demonstrated this by launching an in-house mailing capability. Our goal in this initiative was to provide a reliable project finishing source that could manage the production and mailing functions simultaneously, expediting the process of getting customer projects to their final destinations and ensuring the timely meeting of crucial delivery deadlines.
Our flagship mailing function was basic, encompassing the simple task of addressing and mailing finished products. Over the past decade, we have significantly expanded and enhanced our capabilities, and today, we have a highly sophisticated mailing and fulfillment department that enables our customers to meet increasingly tight turnaround times. In fact, Mid Island is a designated U.S. Postal plant-load facility with an on-site Postal Clerk responsible for verifying all mail.
Our capabilities include a full in-house programming function that enables us to take raw destination data from our clients and translate it into a working format. We utilize the most updated postal software available, including an intelligent barcode capability that allows us to track mail on request. For large-scale projects, we create customized logistical trucking plans, which can result in both improved delivery times and meaningful postage savings.
Our customers want every project to yield the highest possible return on investment, and for many of them, personalization has become an important way to achieve this goal. Over the last several years, Mid Island has invested heavily in this area, and as a result, we provide the highest quality personalization options at affordable prices.
Our mailing department also offers a wide range of cutting-edge equipment, including:
- Three five-inch highresolution ultraviolet print heads, which enable us to print clear images on difficult materials, such as varnishes, laminated film and plastic cards. We can link these systems to our other equipment to enable them to print duplex inkjet.
- Camera systems that can be used for read-and-print or image verification
- Kodak water-based inkjet systems for high-speed addressing or barcode application
- Precision color capabilities that enable us to create custom hues and use them to spot color customer projects
- Capability to produce 200,000 8 1/2 x 11 inch single-color black cutsheet laser sheets per day on preprinted client shells
- Inserting equipment that can fulfill inserting needs from 4 x 5 inches up to 9 x 12 inches
- Wafer Seal equipment to enable compliance with all current postal requirements
We complement these capabilities with a range of efficient fulfillment services including:
- Drop shipment for UPS and Fed-Ex, with the ability to process up to 2,500 packages per day